Pages

Friday, May 26, 2017

Summer Dreams Pillow Boxes

Hi there Echo Park fans! It's Tya and I am up on the blog today to share with you a fun treat holder project featuring the adorable Summer Dreams collection. With its yummy colors and fun accents - I had a great time making these little boxes up. I thought this line was perfect for some summery treats.


Pillow boxes are one of my go-to boxes to make when I am looking for a quick and easy gift or treat holder. They are so versatile as well. Let me show you a few fun ways to spice up ordinary pillow boxes.
I cut this first pillow box with my Silhouette using this file here.This is just a good basic pillow box that I like to use. I filled this first box with some colorful ice pops. The Summer Vacation pattern paper was perfect with its Popsicle pattern so I used that as my box base.


To fit taller treats, simply trim off one of the ends of the box like shown.

I decorated this bag using a piece of Painted Strokes paper and then added one of the Mini Paper Fans to the front. I added a Popsicle sticker from the Element Sticker sheet to the fan. I also added two mini heart stickers as well. I cut (2) 3 inch strips of paper from the Dark Pink / Orange - Coordinating Solid paper and made them into banners. I glued these to the back of the paper fan. To finish off the box I added a length of yellow bakers twine to the top of the box.
(Insert Tya Smith SD Pillow Box photo 2 here)

The next box is uses the same pillow box cut out as above. This is a more traditional pillow box.  I used the Sweet As Summer pattern paper as the box base.

This one again used a Mini Paper Fan as the embellishment. I added an ice cream cone Summer Dreams Layered Sticker to the front. I also added 2 chipboard circle embellishments from the Chipboard accents. I added a couple of small enamel dots as well. I love adding lots of ribbon and twine to tie this type of box off.

My last box is a fun one. I again used my Silhouette and cut out this pillow box found here. I thought the handle was a fun touch to this pillow box. It was also the perfect place to add some more fun ribbon and a watermelon brad from the Decorative Brads. I used the watermelon pattern side of the Journaling Cards paper to make the base of this box.


 To decorate this box I used another Mini Paper Fan with a watermelon theme. I added a watermelon sticker to the fan. I also used a piece of mint green paper from the B side of the 3x4 Journaling Cards paper as the belly band.

Aren't these so fun? And they are so easy to put together too! Hopefully I have inspired you to make a few of these pillow boxes of your own and I hope I have shown you some new fun variations on this cute type of box. Happy Crafting everyone!

Products Used:
-Summer Dreams 3x4 Journaling Cards

-Summer Dreams Painted Strokes
-Summer Dreams Sweet as Summer
-Summer Dreams Summer Vacation
-Summer Dreams Multi Journaling Cards
-Summer Dreams Element Sticker 
-Summer Dreams Dark Pink - Orange Solid  
-Summer Dreams Decorative Brads 
-Summer Dreams Layered Stickers
-Summer Dreams Enamel Dots
-Summer Dreams Mini Paper Fans
-Silhouette Cameo
-Foam Tape/Squares
-Assorted ribbon and bakers twine
-White button










1 comment:

Custom Printing Solution USA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.