Pages

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Echo Park Mother's Day Cactus Gift Set

Hello Echo Park Fans! It's Tya and I am up on the blog today sharing with you a fun Mother's Day gift set that was entirely inspired by all the adorable cactus elements in the Just Be You collection! I LOVED this collection so much! From the color palate to all the amazing icons - I couldn't wait to design this gift set using some of my favorite pieces.


Now if your mom is anything like me and born without a green thumb - then this little gift set will be just what she needs. These 3D cactus and plants that I made need absolutely no watering! :) Here are a few close ups of the plants. I used several Silhouette cut files to make the plants. The exact ones I used I will link in the supply list below. The plants were cut from cardstock and some of the Solid Cardstock sheets that go with this collection.

I used a yellow tin bucket from my local craft store to hold the plants. I added some Styrofoam pieces to the inside and then add the paper plants into the Styrofoam using skewers to hold them. I then added some mint paper shreds to fill the planter and cover the foam up. I hot glued the flowers to the tops of the cactus.




I also made a card to go with the planter set. Here are some close ups of the card:




Hopefully I have inspired you to try you hand at making some 3 dimensional plants - they really pack a lot of punch and are super low maintenance to take care of. Thank you so much for stopping by today! Happy Mother's Day!

Supplies Used:
-Just Be You 6x6 pad
-Just Be You Mint/Teal Coordinating Solid
-Just Be You Pink/Light Pint Coordinating Solid
-Just Be You Element Sticker
-Just Be You Alphabet Sticker
-Just Be You Frames and Tags Ephemera
-Yellow Pearl Brads
-Silhouette Cut File #181963 Cactus in Pot
-Silhouette Cut File #159073 3D Cactus Box
-Silhouette Cut File #183610 Tall Cactus
-Silhouette Cut File #181951 Succulent
-Silhouette Cut File #183613 Succulent Aloe Vera
-dark green and mint green cardstock
-white cardstock for card base
-green twine
-pop dots and foam tape
-yellow tin planter bucket
-Styrofoam
-mint paper shred
-mini stapler
-hot glue




No comments: