Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2015

2 for 1 files - Notebook cover from a Sticky Note Holder


Hello there - It's Tya here with a fun tutorial on how to stretch your cut files. I love making lists and notes so I always have a notebook or sticky notes around and I wanted to make covers for the both of them. I found this file - Sticky Note Holder 2, but I couldn't find one that fit the 5x8 inch notepad so I decided to alter the the Sticky note holder to fit. It was so easy! Let me show you how I did it -

Gather up your supplies - I used a 5x8 notepad, a standard size sticky note and some darling pattern paper and stickers from Lori's Here and Now line from Echo Park and some black cardstock.

Next  -  go ahead and select the files- this is what it looks like -

 Cut the sticky note holder out like normal. - it had 2 flowers and a small dot in the center of one of the squares included with it and I am not using them so I just deleted them. To make the notebook cover - I took the measurements of the notepad  and then adjusted my cut file so that it was a little bit bigger than the note book.
 The file ended up being 8 1/2 x 11 - but i used a 12 x 12 piece of paper just to make sure it cut all around. I resized the pattern paper for the front of the notebook to be 5 x 8.
Here are the covers-
I love the way the covers turned out and it was so easy! Just a few different measurements and I had a custom made notepad cover that I just love!


 I added a ribbon to the cover before I added the pattern paper for a fun enclosure.


 Hopefully I have inspired you stretch you cut files to be able to use them on all different shapes and sizes! It is so much fun to add a little custom touch to you projects. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: